1. It’s been a while since I’ve watched Forensic Files, but I’m sitting here at the computer, Friday night, and FF is on the TV. I love it. Who knew someone’s job is actually “Forensic Plumber”? Did you know the toilet is designed to prevent the average adult from drowning in it? The only downside of this show is that it does an excellent job of convincing you that your spouse/SO is going to kill you.
2. Job Search: moving along. I’m balancing a bunch of options/ideas – whether to pursue agency work, freelance, go client-side, or write a hilarious memoir and retire early. It’s good to dream a little bit! Thank heavens for social networking and LinkedIn, because they’ve opened up so many doors, and I’m grateful for those who’ve taken the time to meet with me or written me back.
3. Mood Status: it’s essential to get out and about. I’ve done a couple lunches, and am connecting with people I haven’t spent time with in years, as well as some new people I’m just getting to know. Highly therapeutic. The spontaneously crying part of unemployment has faded, only to be replaced with anger, and excessive use of “DIAF!” And there is also some relief. I feel terrible for a friend of mine who goes to work every day with a huge knot in the pit of his stomach, dreading every day, wondering if it will be his last, or what new unpleasantness awaits. Me? I’m optimistic, and excited at some prospects, and I no longer look over my shoulder, wondering minute-by-minute what is going to happen next. Oh yeah, and getting emails from my two main clients expressing their extreme appreciation for me & disappointment I’m no longer on their accounts? Well, it only confirms that they saw the devotion I had to their business, so that’s awesome. One said I was the best media person they’d had on their business, ever. If only kudos payed the bills! 🙂
4. Knitting – going well, I’m sailing along on the current sock-of-the-month club through The Studio, and they’re awesome. (Pictures! Yes! Soon!) I’ve got some great ideas for the next years’ club, too. A huge box of Miss Babs sock yarn arrived when I was in this week – at least unemployment curtails the yarn purchasing!
5. Cooking – huge spike of that at our house, what with more time for me to prepare meals, and a concerted effort to not eat out as much. I’m ready for fall, when we can have soups & stews simmering away in the crock pot.
That’s the most I can do, as I’m getting sleepy. Though I may have to stay up just to find out if this next Forensic Files feature will have the fiance turn out to be the killer. It looks like he did it, at this point. It usually turns out that way, the one who gets ya is someone you knew and trusted….